    *From:* stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
    [mailto:stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Daniel Berg
    *Sent:* 17 February 2006 03:55
    *To:* STP Dev list
    *Cc:* STP Dev list; stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
    *Subject:* Re: [stp-dev] Commit: build/ - Code commit guidelines

    I disagree with this approach because the tests should be hosted
    in the same CVS location but you don't want to co-mingle your
    tests with your shipped code (directly).  Just my 2 cents.

    Regards,
    Dan

    *Alex Boisvert <boisvert@xxxxxxxxxxx>*
    Sent by: stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

    02/16/2006 09:43 AM
    Please respond to
    STP Dev list

    	STP Dev list <stp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    cc

    Subject
    	Re: [stp-dev] Commit: build/ - Code commit guidelines

    I agree and would add that you sometime have to write your tests
    in the
    same java package in order to test package-protected members, methods
    and classes.

    alex