[stem-dev] New STEM "Welcome" screen

The "Welcome" page for STEM is now checked in and active. It will appear the first time STEM is run after an install. If you have an existing launch configuration, you'll need to add two plug-ins to enable the screen.

1) org.eclipse.ui.intro
2) org.eclipse.ui.intro.universal

You'll also need to clear out the workspace so that STEM recognizes that it is "newly installed." I'll be adding the command to the menu to launch the screen shortly.

The content is currently minimal, mostly links to our existing web pages. I did experiment with launching the videos, but wasn't successful in launching an external browser (even though I think I specified things correctly). I suspect the problem has to do with STEM not properly configuring the correct browser support options.

Dan

Back to the top