Re: [stem-dev] SVN Directory Structure

Sounds okay, with me. Here's a first crack trying to map the paths, some of these are most likely completely wrong, we should iterate it a few times.

Old PathNew Path
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.doc/trunk/components/doc/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.doc
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.feature/trunk/components/core/features/org.eclipse.stem.feature
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.feature.core/trunk/components/core/features/org.eclipse.stem.feature.core
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.feature.prereq/trunk/components/core/features/org.eclipse.stem.feature.prereq
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.releng/trunk/components/releng/org.eclipse.stem.releng
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.analysis/trunk/components/analysis/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.analysis
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.analysis.automaticexperiment/trunk/components/analysis/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.analysis.automaticexperiment
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.core/trunk/components/core/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.core
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.data.diseasemodels.models/trunk/components/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.diseasemodels.models
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.data.diseasemodels.scenarios/trunk/components/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.diseasemodels.scenarios
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.data.geography/trunk/components/geography/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.geography
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.data.geography.infrastructure.transportation/trunk/components/transportation/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.geography.infrastructure.transportation
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.data.geography.models/trunk/components/geography/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.geography.models
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.data.geography.population.human/trunk/components/geography/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.geography.population.human
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.data.geography.population.human.models/trunk/components/geography/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.geography.population.human.models
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.definitions/trunk/components/core/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.definitions
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.diseasemodels/trunk/components/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.diseasemodels
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.diseasemodels.example/trunk/components/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.diseasemodels.example
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.diseasemodels.experimental/trunk/components/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.diseasemodels.experimental
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.diseasemodels.externaldatasource/trunk/components/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.diseasemodels.externaldatasource
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.diseasemodels.forcing/trunk/components/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.diseasemodels.forcing
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.diseases/trunk/components/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.data.diseases
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.geography/trunk/components/geography/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.geography
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.internal.data/trunk/components/data/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.internal.data
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.internal.data.geography/trunk/components/data/geography/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.internal.data
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.internal.data.geography.infrastructure.transportation/trunk/components/data/transportation/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.internal.geography.infrastruture.transportation
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.internal.data.geography.models/trunk/components/data/geography/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.internal.data.geography.models
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.internal.data.geography.population/trunk/components/data/geography/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.internal.data.geography.population
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.internal.data.geography.population.human/trunk/components/data/geography/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.internal.data.geography.population.human
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.internal.data.geography.population.human.models/trunk/components/data/geography/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.internal.data.geography.population.human.models
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.internal.diseasemodels.models/trunk/components/data/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.internal.diseasmodels.models
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.internal.diseasemodels.scenarios/trunk/components/data/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.internal.diseasemodels.scenarios
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.jobs/trunk/components/jobs/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.jobs
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.jobs.nl1/trunk/components/jobs/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.jobs.nl1
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.sample/trunk/components/sample/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.sample
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.sequencers/trunk/components/core/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.sequencers
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.automaticexperiment/trunk/components/analysis/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.automaticexperiment
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.core/trunk/components/core/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.core
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.definitions/trunk/components/core/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.definitions
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.diseasemodels/trunk/components/diseasemodels/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.diseasemodels
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.diseasemodels.example/trunk/components/diseasemodels/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.diseasemodels.example
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.diseasemodels.experimental/trunk/components/diseasemodels/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.diseasemodels.experimental
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.diseasemodels.externaldatasource/trunk/components/diseasemodels/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.diseasemodels.externaldatasource
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.diseasemodels.forcing/trunk/components/diseasemodels/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.diseasemodels.forcing
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.jobs/trunk/components/jobs/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.jobs
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.sequencers/trunk/components/core/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.sequencers
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.transport/trunk/components/transport/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.transport
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.ui/trunk/components/core/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.ui
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.ui.ge/trunk/components/jobs/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.ui.ge
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.util/trunk/components/util/tests/org.eclipse.stem.tests.util
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.transport/trunk/components/transport/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.transport
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.ui/trunk/components/core/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.ui
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.ui.diseasemodels/trunk/components/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.ui.diseasemodels
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.ui.diseasemodels.externaldatasource/trunk/components/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.ui.diseasemodels.externaldatasource
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.ui.diseasemodels.forcing/trunk/components/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.ui.forcing
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.ui.ge/trunk/core/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.ui.ge
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.ui.nl1/trunk/components/diseasemodels/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.ui.nl1
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.ui.reports/trunk/components/analysis/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.ui.reports
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.util.analysis/trunk/components/analysis/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.ui.analysis
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.util.loggers/trunk/components/util/bundles/org.eclipse.stem.util.loggers
org.eclipse.ohf.stem.utility/trunk/components/util/org.eclipse.stem.utility
Stefan Edlund
Public Health and Computer Science Research
IBM Almaden Research Center
(408) 927-1766 edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Matthew Davis---06/04/2009 08:57:17 AM---I went back to look at some of the existing conventions, a fMatthew Davis---06/04/2009 08:57:17 AM---I went back to look at some of the existing conventions, a few extra notes:

          Matthew Davis/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS
          Sent by: stem-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          06/04/2009 08:46 AM

          Please respond to
          STEM developer mailing list <stem-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [stem-dev] SVN Directory Structure

I went back to look at some of the existing conventions, a few extra notes:

- Looks like UI components are generally
not split from their underlying logic components. They exist in the same sub-directory, so an "rcp" top directory may not be necessary. For example, org.eclipse.stem.core and org.eclipse.stem.ui would probably stay together.
- I don't see a consistent pattern for "internal" projects, so maybe we just need to bin the components dealing with data into a "data" directory.

Stefan, we might want to bring some of your list up to a higher level in the structure (to be consistent with other projects). For example:

/trunk/components/core
/trunk/components/diseasemodels
/trunk/components/transport
/trunk/data(?)/geography
/trunk/data(?)/transport
/trunk/data(?)/diseasemodels
/trunk/releng
/trunk/utility
/trunk/doc
...etc

I guess the problem with being too granular is it makes it harder to checkout (instead of just selecting all the items from a singe list). An Eclipse Project Set for single checkout will be a nice entry in the releng folder or top-level.

Thoughts?

-Matt