Re: [stem-dev] 64 Bit STEM

Hi, the optimal seems to match the number of CPU's available on your system, I've seen an almost 50 % performance increase running for instance 4 threads instead of 1 on our quad core machines.
/ Stefan

Stefan Edlund
Public Health and Computer Science Research
IBM Almaden Research Center
(408) 927-1766 edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Daniel Ford ---04/06/2009 07:12:12 AM---I didn't change the number of worker threads. What kinds of tDaniel Ford ---04/06/2009 07:12:12 AM---I didn't change the number of worker threads. What kinds of times are you seeing when you increase the number?

          Daniel Ford <daford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: stem-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          04/06/2009 07:11 AM

          Please respond to
          STEM developer mailing list <stem-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [stem-dev] 64 Bit STEM

I didn't change the number of worker threads. What kinds of times are you seeing when you increase the number?

Dan

Inactive hide details for Stefan Edlund ---04/03/2009 06:36:29 PM---Cool, how many concurrent worker threads did you use to runStefan Edlund ---04/03/2009 06:36:29 PM---Cool, how many concurrent worker threads did you use to run the simulation? I think the default is 2 if you didn't change it.
                  Stefan Edlund <edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                  Sent by: stem-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

                  04/03/2009 06:35 PM

Please respond to
STEM developer mailing list <stem-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject

Re: [stem-dev] 64 Bit STEM

Cool, how many concurrent worker threads did you use to run the simulation? I think the default is 2 if you didn't change it.

On my x3500 64 bit Ubuntu quad core 16 GB memory running the ant script takes 1:58 minutes too. Pretty good :)

/Stefan

Stefan Edlund
Public Health and Computer Science Research
IBM Almaden Research Center
(408) 927-1766 edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

stem-dev mailing list
stem-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx