Re: [stellation-res] TClient Wiki Pages and Action Items

At 12:49 PM 3/12/2004, Mark C. Chu-Carroll wrote:

On Mar 12, 2004, at 10:49 AM, Jim Wright - IBM Research wrote:
<snip>
 Mark, I've got you done for finishing the merge  algorithm
(I will implement and test, if that's OK with you).

Actually, I'd rather do the implementation... It doesn't make sense
for me to work out all of the details until I understand exactly what's
going on and what needs to be done, and then pass the work to someone
else, who's going to need to spend time figuring out what I've already
internalized. And since the code for this is really not difficult to
write,
there's no particular reason to take the time for a handoff. I should
have a fix done by the time I go home tonight.

Fine by me.  How are you planning to test the fix?
(I wouldn't trust the CLI tests; they failed to detect the merge issues in the first place). If you want to handoff the code to me, I'll be glad to run it through my test suite and debug as needed.

- Jim

--
Jim Wright, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
*** The Stellation project: Advanced SCM for Collaboration

Back to the top