[stellation-res] T-Client and Eclipse R3M7

I've gotten things working with R3M7.

FYI, my problems were due to remnants of an earlier, ill-advised attempt to use the PDE tools "Migrate to 3.0 ..." and "Convert to OSGi Bundle". While the "Migrate to 3.0 ... tool may be ok to use by itself (haven't checked yet), the OSGi bundle conversion tool created an OSGi manifest folder (and file) which continued to cause problems even after (I thought) I'd reverted to a "pure 2.1 plugin model" for the Stellation CM plugins.

I'm still willing to entertain releasing the first version of the T-client for R3M6 if there's a strong preference among other users (R7 is still somewhat flaky). However, a clear consensus emerges, I'm going to continue working with R3M7.

Back to the work at hand: there's a bit of cleanup remaining on the initial merge GUI, and then I'm going to package it for deployment. Mark has suggested that we skip initial testing with a local Watson server, and move immediately to upgrade the stellation.eclipse.org repository and make the T-client available to all committers. This makes me a bit nervous, but I'm willing to do this if it's OK with everyone else.

Comments?

- Jim

--
Jim Wright, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
*** The Stellation project: Advanced SCM for Collaboration

Back to the top