Re: [stellation-res] Checkin: zip.plugin for Stellation CM Core component, and some documentation

Dave,

Thanks. I was also going to suggest you wait until the dust from the reorg has settled.

I'm now focusing on completing the Core Client part of Stellation CM (lots to do still). This means the 'original' Stellation CM packages (model and UI code) are not going to change for a while, so the current 0.0.6 versions should be sufficient for the time being (nobody else seems to be working on the Eclipse client currently, in any case). In fact, the 0.0.6 versions should serve as an example of the existing implementation, while
we get the new architecture in place.

Overhauling and completing the Stellation CM client will be a priority once the Client Core is complete, but as you know, the consensus is it's not worth trying to make a better Eclipse client until then. The client code needs direct repository access to support merge properly and to support fine-grained artifacts at all, among other reasons. This can't be done easily (if at all) with the current stellation.workspace (soon to be stellation.cli (?)) code. Work will be easier for all concerned once this refactoring is cleanly
accomplished.

- Jim

At 09:39 AM 12/11/2002, Dave Shields wrote:
On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 06:04:15PM -0500, Jim Wright - IBM Research wrote:
<snip>
> Dave, perhaps you could look over this doc and the build.xml files for the
> various plug-in projects, and see if you can figure out how to integrate
> these build.xml files with your daily-build process.  You will want to
> specify appropriate target and property definitions... <snip>

Jim,

Will do, though I need to sort out recent source reorg that has just been checked
in first.

Jim Wright, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
*** The Stellation project: Advanced SCM for Collaboration
*** http://www.eclipse.org/stellation
*** Work Email: jwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ------- Personal Email: jim.wright@xxxxxxx

Back to the top