RE: [stellation-res] Updates to www.eclipse.org/stellation, and questions about posting a new build

I downloaded and installed the demo and then ran it. Very impressive. It is
this kind of potential that attracted me to Stellation in the first place
and it is wonderful to see the first results.

> >* A separate Downloads page has been created.  It currently contains the
> >(woefully out-of-date)
> >   stellation tgz file, the VSF demo zip, and installation
> >instructions for
> >the VSF demo.  This
> >   also required some minor changes to the top-level main.html.
> >
> >*  I've added an entry for Jonathan to the team members page; I expect
> >Jonathan will probably
> >    want to change it.
> >
> >* I overhauled the whats-new page to reflect the above changes, and to
> >revise its appearance a bit.
> >
> >---
> >
> >Next stage: fix the M3 compiler warnings in stellation.core and
> >check them in.
> >
> >I'm seriously considering posting source and FeatureUpdate
> >bundles for the main
> >Stellation components (core, model and ui plug-ins) -- just to
> >replace the
> >way-obsolete tarfile
> >that's up there now.  On the other hand -- any new stuff posted
> >should be
> >tested more than
> >I can do at the moment (Thanksgiving, Janet's birthday .....).
> >
> >Any comments on the best way to go?
> >
> >?? Make a new build and post it ASAP ?
> >
> >?? Make a new build, but don't post until it can be tested more
> >thoroughly ?
> >
> >?? Wait until we can build and test the "developer release"
> >mentioned on
> >this list over the past
> >few weeks ?
> >
> >Input, please --

I would be tempted to hold off posting anything new until we have shaken
down the new install process and build processes. Anyone who needs immediate
access to the source code can get it through CVS.

Regards

Jonathan

Personal Email
jgossage@xxxxxxxx