[stellation-res] Updates to www.eclipse.org/stellation, and questions about posting a new build

I've just checked in a number of changes to the website:

* The VSF 'Concept Demo' is now posted, in a form that allows easy installation into Eclipse. (This demo does not depend on any other Stellation code, BTW). The associated materials (installation instructions, overview, zipped plug-in files) are now reachable from the main Documents page (doc/index.html), the whats-new page, and the new Downloads page.

* A separate Downloads page has been created. It currently contains the (woefully out-of-date) stellation tgz file, the VSF demo zip, and installation instructions for the VSF demo. This
  also required some minor changes to the top-level main.html.

* I've added an entry for Jonathan to the team members page; I expect Jonathan will probably
   want to change it.

* I overhauled the whats-new page to reflect the above changes, and to revise its appearance a bit.

---

Next stage: fix the M3 compiler warnings in stellation.core and check them in.

I'm seriously considering posting source and FeatureUpdate bundles for the main
Stellation components (core, model and ui plug-ins) -- just to replace the way-obsolete tarfile that's up there now. On the other hand -- any new stuff posted should be tested more than
I can do at the moment (Thanksgiving, Janet's birthday .....).

Any comments on the best way to go?

?? Make a new build and post it ASAP ?

?? Make a new build, but don't post until it can be tested more thoroughly ?

?? Wait until we can build and test the "developer release" mentioned on this list over the past
few weeks ?

Input, please --

- Jim
--
Jim Wright, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
*** The Stellation project: Advanced SCM for Collaboration

Back to the top