Re: [stellation-res] Tagging checkins

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 09:09, Dave Shields wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 07:33:54PM -0500, Mark C. Chu-Carroll wrote:
> >
> > Since we're aiming at creating a stable release next month, I'd like to
> > start being more careful about versioning and checkins. In order to make
> > things easier and more reproducible, I'd like all checkins to start
> > being tagged, so that bugs and fixes can be specifically identified
> > against the version of the system where they were discovered.
> >

> Just what tag option should we use when doing a checkin?

I don't know. I'm using Eclipse, which has version tagging support
built in to the SCM integration. If you want to use the command-line,
you'll have to read the manual.

> By the way, I just noted core had spurious ChangeLog.~1.50~ which I
> have deleted, though I didn't apply a tag as I wasn't sure how to do so.
> Feel free to tag this if you wish.

Oops. That's Eclipse's response to my editing the Changelog from outside
of Eclipse... It's the equivalent of an emacs ~ or .bak file. I forgot
to delete it.

	-Mark
--
Mark Craig Chu-Carroll,  IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
*** The Stellation project: Advanced SCM for Collaboration

Back to the top