Re: [stellation-res] Checkin of new version of core and unittests.

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 08:40:40PM -0500, Mark C. Chu-Carroll wrote:

> I've checked in new version of the core and unittest
> components.
>
> The big change here is that the core now includes support
> for access control. There is no command-line support for
> access control lists, but they are fully implemented inside
> of the repository.

I guess I should get cracking on adding command-line support, unless
you want to do it. Is the curent implementation faithful to the spec
"Access Control in Stellation" of 5 September?

Is the slash used to separate grants needed? Why not just make each
grant an argument to 'svc grant', writing

  svc grant mcc:/checkout,fork shields:checkin,checkout

instead of syntax suggested in spec

  svc grant mcc:/checkout,fork/shields:checkin,checkout

dave

--
Dave Shields, IBM Research, shields@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Back to the top