RE: [stellation-res] Stellation support for MySQL on Linux

                      "Mark C. Chu-Carroll"
                      <mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             To:       stellation-res@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      stellation-res-admin@dev.        Subject:  RE: [stellation-res] Stellation support for MySQL
                      eclipse.org                       on Linux

                      11/02/2002 10:37 AM
                      Please respond to
                      stellation-res

> I am also going to drop a polite note to the MySQL folks,
> explaining our situation, and how we really hate to drop
> MySQL support, but that the licensing change leaves us no
> real choice. I'm sure we're not the only open-source
> project in this situation, and perhaps if they realize
> how many potential users they're losing, they might change
> their minds about the license.

Good idea. The main effect of changing JDBC driver from LGPL to GPL
is to deny the use of that driver by open source projects using a
license incompatible with the GPL.

dave

Back to the top