Re: [stellation-res] Text merge test case

On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 18:38, Jonathan Gossage wrote:
> I have a text merge test case which (to my understanding)gives unexpected
> results.
>

> :test14
> # Base sequence     Delta Sequence    Target Sequence   Result Sequence
>   abc               def               xyz               abc
>   def               def               xyz               def
>   def               def               xyz               def
>   ghi               ghi               xyz               ghi
>   abc               abc               xyz               abc
>   def               def               xyz               def
>   ghi               ghi               xyz               ghi
>
> I would have expected the first element in the result sequence to be a
> conflict. Instead the changs from the delta and target sequences are
> discarded and the element from the base is included. Is this how things are
> intended to work?

Nope, that's a bug.

I never considered the possibility of versions where
the LCS had length 0. It just gets it wrong, because some
variables don't get initialized correctly if there are
no LCS segments.

I'll toss that sucker into bugzilla. I think It'll be an easy
fix.

	-Mark