Re: [stellation-res] CVS

Jonathan,

I'm not sure, but it sounds like the Eclipse workspace metadata may have
gotten corrupted.

Perhaps this might help:
1. create a brand new Eclipse workspace on your machine (see below).
2. recreate your extssh repository connection in the new workspace
3. do a complete checkout

With any luck, you'll now have working CVS access from the new workspace.
If you have new changes to check in, you should copy them into the new
workspace, of course (because the old workspace is probably damaged somehow).

Re: creating Eclipse workspaces.

(Just in case you've only used the default Eclipse workspace)

I use a lot of Eclipse workspaces for development, on both Windows and Linux.
For Windows, I just create a new desktop shortcut, configured as follows:

Target: F:\eclipse\eclipse.exe -data E:\Projects\Stellation\eclipse\workspace -vmargs -Xmx256M
Start in: E:\Projects\Stellation\eclipse\workspace
Run: Maximized

As you can see, the "Target" command line has two parameters:

        "-data" is used to specify the workspace directory.  This is critical.

        "-vmargs -Xmx256M" tells the JVM to use 256M of virtual memory -
        important when debugging Eclipse plug-ins (i.e. launching a
        2nd instance of Eclipse from the development instance), but
        maybe not important for straight Java development.

The "Start in" field is probably not so critical (since "-data" should be all
that Eclipse needs), but it doesn't hurt.

"Run: Maximized", of course, makes Eclipse run full-screen.

Hope this helps.  Let me know either way; I'll try to think of other things
to try if the new workspace doesn't fix it.

Regards,
Jim