RE: [stellation-res] Progress on Windows port

I'll get this bundled up later today and send it off. The issues that led me
to remove some stuff into the pre-processing batch files included things
like hard-coded paths and hard-coded compilter selection. I think when you
see what is in the script files you will see what I am trying to do.

> >> 3. I have developed a Windows batch file based analogue to the
> >test scripts
> >> currently stored in org.eclipse.stellation.misc/tests/scm/misc
> >and I have
> >> implemented the first two tests. During this process I
> >discovered problems
> >> in the repository text merge support and I have created a bug report
> >> Bugzilla 25093 covering this problem. I also created a Junit
> >test case that
> >> exhibits the problem and attached the relevant files to the bug report.
> >> Could someone please run this under Linux to determine whether
> >this is a
> >> Windows only phenomem or not?
> >>
> >> 4. I noticed in a recent post that there is a plan to convert
> >all the script
> >> based merge tests to Junit based tests. If this is the case,
> >is there any
> >> benefit in proceeding with the conversion of the Unix based scripts to
> >> Windows based scripts.
> >>
> >No. We should do these tests via Junit (preferred) or using Ant.
> >Ant provides
> >enough shell-like capability that it could be used; for example,
> >using checksum
> >instead of diff (which is not available on Windows) to check
> >test results.
> >
> >> If you want to do this conversion to Junit and have not
> >started it yet, I
> >> could do it for you because I need to be able to run these tests, and
> >> others,to be able to confirm the correctness of Stellation on Windows.
> >>

> >That would be great.
> >
> >dave

Regards

Jonathan