[spaces-dev] The Spaces Update Site is alive!

Hi,
The spaces project now has an update site:

 http://dev.cloudsmith.com/updates

The layout of the site is such that you can put a check-mark at the top-level in order to install everything. Please be adviced that even though we now have an update site, the code is still in alpha and in need for extensive testing. Bugs will be found :-)

Why don't we host this at Eclipse.org? you may ask. The reason is that we use Subversion and it relies on some binaries that are licensed under LGPL and Eclipse.org will not allow that those binaries are redistributed from one of their update sites. So rather then making things complicated for our users, we decided to host the Spaces Update Site at Cloudsmith. At least for the time being. I really hope that the situation with Subversion will change soon.

- thomas

Back to the top