[soc-dev] Midterm evaluation reminder

Dear mentors,
the Midterm evaluation period is starting next July 10th.

The Midterm evaluation is a required part of your participation in GSoC 2023 and should take about 10 minutes to complete. Midterm evaluation forms will be visible on your dashboard-> My Projects tab (in the Task column), on the GSoC site once the midterm evaluation period opens for your contributor’s project.
All deadlines for any project can be viewed on your GSoC dashboard by going into the Projects tab and then selecting the Project title hyperlink. We strongly encourage you to mark your midterm and final evaluation dates for any projects you are mentoring on your calendar of choice. The midterm evaluation form link will not be active until midterms open for your contributor’s project.
Please do not miss the deadline to submit your evaluation! Missed mentor evaluations contribute significantly to our decision on whether to accept an organization in future years of GSoC. Also, if an evaluation is missed, the org will not receive the org stipend for that project, and that mentor can’t attend the Mentor Summit. One mentor for each contributor project must complete an evaluation of their contributor before the deadline.

Differing Midterm Evaluation dates - dependent on project length
Midterm evaluations for projects take place starting on the Monday following the end of the middle week of the program. For example, for the standard 12 week project, midterm evaluations will begin on the Monday of the 7th week of coding (July 10).
Evaluations are open for 4 days, from Monday 1800 UTC until Friday 1800 UTC.
While most of our 2023 contributor projects are 12 weeks in length (88%), some of you may be mentoring projects that are 14-22 weeks in length so your midterm evaluations will begin the Monday after the middle week (for an 18 week project the Monday after the conclusion of the 9th week of the project).

Please reach out to EMO once your evaluation is completed so we can complete the submission process on time.
Kind regards,
Maria Teresa Delgado
--
The Eclipse Management Organization | Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top