Re: [soc-dev] GSOC 2022 contribution

Hi Hangyi,

I'm forwarding the reply Rohan provided to you privately and adding some comments to your specific questions.

I would like to confirm that the things we'll be doing during the project duration are to rewrite [...]

The purpose is to migrate any usage of JMockit to Mockito in any part of the main repository. Namely the modules you mentioned, yes.

I also want to know more details of what test framework needs to be migrated to JUnit 5 in the second project.

Our current test framework is based on JUnit 4, since this is a requirement for Arquillian. The main point here is to decouple our tests from Arquilllian, and upgrade them to JUnit5.

Of course, for any of the projects you want to participate in, you will get proper guidance and mentoring (if selected). Please, also consider the recommendations Rohan gave you in his previous email (embedded following).

BR
--
Marc