[soc-dev] GSOC 2022 contribution

Dear Eclipse Foundation team,

My name is Hangyi Li, and I am a sophomore majoring in computer science at Lehigh University.

I am highly interested in these two projects: "Eclipse JKube™: Migrate To Mockito for mocking tests" and "Eclipse JKube™: Migrate To JUnit5 Testing Framework from JUnit4". I'm continuing to do more research on these projects and I also found out a few doubts regarding them.

I would like to confirm that the things we'll be doing during the project duration for the "Eclipse JKube™: Migrate To Mockito for mocking tests" project is to rewrite all the tests in jkube-kit, kubernetes-maven-plugin and openshift-maven-plugin using Mockito instead of JMockit. I also want to know more details of what test framework needs to be migrated to JUnit 5 in the second project.

I would really appreciate it if you could guide me on how to begin contributing to your organization and starting on a current issue. And I am eager to start my open source journey with your organization and become a part of your community.

Thank you so much for taking the time to view this email.

Sincerely,
Hangyi

Back to the top