[soc-dev] GSoC Slot assignment

Google asks that we not share information about student project selections ahead of their announcement, so I can't share very much other than to say that we have our slot assignment and I've used the same algorithm that we've used in past years to select the projects that we'll take forward.

It is possible that students who have submitted proposals for multiple organizations may choose to work with those other organizations and leave slots available for other projects.

So... mentors... please do feel free to volunteer by clicking "I want to mentor" on project proposals and we'll put those projects in our wait list. Unfortunately, due to Google's request for discretion at this point in the process, I am not able to disclose the probability of a project being selected.

Students... as for whether or not your project will be selected, you'll have to wait until Google's announcement.

Thank you for your participation and patience.

Wayne

--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Back to the top