[soc-dev] Google Summer of Code Timeline

The timeline is published on the GSoC 2018 page.

https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline

We find out on Feb 12 if we're accepted as a mentoring organization. After that, I'll solicit for mentor volunteers.

The deadline for student applications is March 27/2018.,

Sooner is better than later for getting your project ideas onto the ideas page. There is no specific deadline to post your project ideas here.

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2018_Ideas

Students are not required to use these ideas necessarily, but it's helpful to them if you can provide some guidance regarding the sort of work that you're likely to volunteer to mentor.

Wayne

--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects