[soc-dev] Introducing my-self and my interest to work on ChemClipse via GSOC 2017

Hi,

I am a Masters student in Management Information System with specialization in Data Science at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma. I am working on Principal Component Analysis (PCA) for a project in this semester. I have plans to contribute in open source community over PCA, Factor Analysis and Clustering.

I possess a strong background in software development which goes back to 12 years since my undergraduate studies. I have accumulated expertise in integrating and collaborating multiple platforms and libraries, using cross application frameworks. I am comfortable on working with Python, R, _javascript_, C#, Java and Android. With my industry experience, I am accustomed to both work in teams and work on individual assignments.

I am reaching out to you regarding project ChemClipse and my interest in working on implementation of PCA in it. I plan to start with working on why PCA on scans does not work (Bug 499542). Then implement a 3D view for PCA (Bug 486169) and to integrate ChemClipse with R (Bug 511955).

I have been looking into ChemClipse for past few weeks and I like to accomplish these tasks by participating in GSOC-2017 for Eclipse. I will be working on these ideas for full time during summer like an internship.

Have a great time. Thank you.

Best regards,

Hitesh Gaur

Software Developer & Data Analyst,
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
(405) 762-3812

Back to the top