Re: [soc-dev] The Rover Project - Code generation from SysML

Hello Randika,

I' very pleased to hear that you are interested in the rover project. As far as I know, swagger is an interface to REST-based APIs. With REST you are bound to an uni-directional request/response interaction scheme with quite a lot of protocol overhead.

In our use case we have control commands from the client to the rover and telemetry data (e.g., from distance sensors) from the rover to the client. Thus, we have time-critical, bi-directional communication, with small but frequent messages. Therefore, we wanted use WebSockets which were designed with this kind of communication scheme in mind.

Other technologies may be used on top of WebSockets, e.g., JSON-RPC (http://www.jsonrpc.org/specification) or socket.io (http://socket.io).

The code generator should be implemented with Xtend (http://www.eclipse.org/xtend/). Xtend is a language that compiles to pure Java and integrates very well with Eclipse and Papyrus (http://www.eclipse.org/papyrus/). Papyrus provides the SysML and UML editors.

Best regards,

Ralf

   I am a third year undergraduate of Department of Computer Science and
Engineering, University of Moratuwa. I am very much interested in this
project and would like to know how to get familiar with this. I have
some experience on swagger and wanted to know whether swagger-codegen[1]
can be used to generate the code.

[1]https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-codegen

Back to the top