AW: [smila-dev] New Feature: Agent and AgentController

Hi Georg,

some comments inline.

> Hi Daniel,
>
> great stuff.
Thanks.

> I would like to talk to you about some questions I got in mind when
> looking at the documentation. Where is a section in the documentation
> where I could add some comments.
There is no such section. Documentation is intended to contain a "as is"
description of the current state of SMILA components.
We don't want it to contain discussions or brainstorming. Feel free to
create a new page within http://wiki.eclipse.org/SMILA/Project_Concepts
or http://wiki.eclipse.org/SMILA/Project_Concepts or start a discussion
using the mailing lists or the newsgroup.

> I also would like to bring me a bit in
> in the area of performance counters.
You're welcome.

> General. The following things came in my mind when looking at the
> documentation.
>
> 1. Schemas
>    We do not have yet a good mechanism for resolving schemas. That
> would lead issues when we choose another deployment structure, because
> relative path elements will no longer work.

My knowledge about JAXB and XSD is somewhat limited :-(
I guess this is a general problem belonging to topic "Configuration
Handling". We should not mix it with the Agent discussion.

> 2. About message incoming in agent...
>    How do you handle large volume of incoming messages? Are there
> specific threads that wait for an change and give the processing to
> another? (Web server pattern... with a pool of worker threads). Which
> incoming message types are supported? Generally from documentation I
> assume that there is an internal Java API. How is it about general
> messaging?

No, the current implementation of the FeedAgent is pretty simple. Every
incoming feed and it's elements are processed sequentially. But it
should be possible to enhance the implementation using a pool of worker
threads to do the processing of feeds or feed elements.
As incoming messages various formats of RSS and Atom are supported by
the underlying ROME SDK.

Feel free to contribute a more generic message processing agent :-)

Bye,
Daniel

Back to the top