Re: [smila-dev] New Feature: Agent and AgentController

Hi Daniel,

will you add a feature description of the agent interface? (e.g. will it support race conditions or does it support things like buffering of changes [e.g. storing of a word file in file system may create, delete and touch multiple files])

Kind regards,

Georg

Daniel.Stucky@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

I just checked in the newest feature to Smila: Agents

I provided some interfaces, an implementation of an AgentController and
a MockAgent used for testing. Please check out the documentation
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/SMILA/Documentation) for these components. I
also did some renaming of classes for Id and Hash creation. I will add a
RSSAgent implementation and also provide a tutorial on "How to implement
an Agent", soon.

I did not yet integrate any PerformanceCounters for
Agents/AgentController. I would like to collect your feedback first, as
I think that we could (after some renaming) reuse some existing
PerformanceCounter classes already created for Crawlers ( see package
org.eclipse.smila.connectivity.framework.performancecounters in bundle
org.eclipse.smila.connectivity.framework). What do you think ?

Please report any feedback or issues to me !

Bye,
Daniel