Re: [smila-dev] Smila Security Concept

It was Daniel.Stucky@xxxxxxxxxxx who said at the right time 16.01.2009 14:20 the following words:
Hi all,

I have created a specification page for handling security in Smila:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/SMILA/Specifications/Smila_Security_Concept

Feel free to discuss and comment, feedback is most welcome.
I changed some parts of the wikipage that were a bit unspecific.
I interpret your call for discussion as a call for changing the wiki - as in "a wiki is a place to delete and change text".

Generally, I see that the security considerations should be taken more deeply, for example by looking into the dark cave of SASL/LDAP/Kerberos for wisdom about authentification, but for storing user identification and group identification of indexed content, I see a complex thing coming up.

Also, storing these sensible information into normal attributes makes it open for easier hacking,
I wonder if some fields should be in protected areas of records.

best
Leo

Bye,
Daniel

DI Leo Sauermann http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +49 631 20575-116
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann@xxxxxxx

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313