From: smila-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:smila-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Markus Knauer
Sent: Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2008 13:00
To: Igor Novakovic; August Georg Schmidt; smila-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Harald Kornmayer
Subject: [smila-dev] questions about CQ's and some interesting external libraries

Hi Georg and Igor (and the whole SMILA team),

I just have some questions regarding the status of the following CQ's.
The background of this question is that we (the g-Eclipse project)
would like to re-use the libraries in our project (in fact, we really
need them!)

CQ 2686 Javax XML Bind Version: 2.1.0
CQ 2664 JAXB - Impl Version: 2.1.6
CQ 2590 Joost STX processor Version: Release 20080528

CQ2664 and CQ2686 already found their way into the subversion
repository, CQ2590 seems to be in status 'triage'.

(1) Do you plan to contribute those (and maybe other libraries as
well) to Orbit? If yes.. when?
(2) Is the version found in the repository 'stable', i.e. are there
any known bugs in the way you package them into a bundle?
(3) What else do I need in order to use them? Just check them out into
my workspace and everything is expected to work?
(4) Are there any external dependencies? Something missing?

As you can see, I didn't look too closely into the bundles in SVN yet,
but I want to get a feeling about the current status and if there are
any pitfalls that I can omit.

Thanks and regards,
Markus