[smila-dev] AW: [Aperture-devel] usage of extractors

> >> How is it possible to select a certain Extractor to use for
document
> >> extraction if multiple extractors are available for the specified
> >> mimetype? Is such a selection logic part of the implementation of a
> >> smila pipelet using the aperture extractor ?
>
> Our (Aduna's) apps do not have multiple extractors registered for the
> same MIME type, so we simply do an .iterator().next to get the first.
> Any preference mechanism you have to implement yourselves.

OK, good to know. I don't expect multiple extractors for the same mime
type in smila in the near future.
The nepomuk approach "have both extractors run, mix the results" is
interesting, too.
My goal was just to clarify the usage of the aperture API.

Thanks,
Daniel

Back to the top