[smila-dev] AW: Aperture-trunk now under BSD

Hi Leo,

> As of yesterday, we have changed the license of the Aperture project
to BSD.
this is really a great news!
In the name of the whole SMILA team, I would like to thank you and your
project colleagues for letting this to happen.

> You can download the trunk of the project and build a release yourself
now, for SMILA,
> we can also make a new release of Aperture, but this would take some
> time for testing and discussion,
> and I would rather invest the time into fixing bugs, etc.
Now that the license of Aperture is definitely not an issue any more, we
can accelerate the IP process dramatically.

But, to get the Aperture through the eclipse IP-Process, and therefore
distribute it together with SMILA, we need an officially released
version from you.

I think that it is a good thing not to release Aperture right now, since
we still need to figure out in detail how to bundle Aperture and its 3rd
party components. (Hint: These components have also to go through the IP
process.)
Therefore will Daniel take a closer look next week at how 3rd-party libs
are integrated in Aperture and arrange with you the proper bundling of
them.

Best regards
Igor

Back to the top