[smila-dev] JDBC crawler

Hi,

I've tried to use the new JDBC crawler in SMILA, but I did not succeed yet.
Is there any documentation about the IndexOrder format? I did not find something in the Wiki.
After fixing the DS declarations to get the crawler service registered to the CrawlerController
(have committed it), I'm still running into one of two problems:
Without a <Grouping> in the <Selections> element, I get

jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - Encountered RuntimeException in ProducerThread
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.smila.connectivity.framework.crawler.jdbc.JdbcCrawler.populateRetrievalResultSet(JdbcCrawler.java:624)
	at org.eclipse.smila.connectivity.framework.crawler.jdbc.JdbcCrawler.hasNext(JdbcCrawler.java:492)
	at org.eclipse.smila.connectivity.framework.crawler.jdbc.JdbcCrawler.access$7(JdbcCrawler.java:487)
	at org.eclipse.smila.connectivity.framework.crawler.jdbc.JdbcCrawler$CrawlingProducerThread.run(JdbcCrawler.java:925)

With a <Grouping>, it stops a bit later:

jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - Initializing JdbcCrawler...
jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - Loaded JDBC driver [sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver]
jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - Connecting to database [jdbc:odbc:UsedCars]
jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - RowNr 1 of the grouping result set is of type [java.lang.Integer], which is derived from [Number]
jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - Added final GroupingRange with Rangesize 10
jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - Closed Grouping Resultset
jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - Prepared 788 grouping ranges based on specified stepping of 13
jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - Transforming SQL passed from index: [
				SELECT ID, Description FROM UsedCarsDescriptions where ID BETWEEN %01min AND %01max
			]
jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - Using transformed SQL for PreparedStatement: [
				SELECT ID, Description FROM UsedCarsDescriptions where ID BETWEEN ? AND ?
			]
jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - Encountered critical Exception in Producer-Thread, storing in class variable
jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - DbCrawling terminated with Exception
jdbc.JdbcCrawler                              - Closing JdbcCrawler...

Any idea anyone?

Cheers,
Jürgen

Back to the top