[sisu-dev] Question about NexusBundleTracker

Hi,

I've been looking at Nexus as a reference for my own app and I have a quick question about the NexusBundleTracker class.

It has a prepareDependencies method which seems to blow through all of the current bundle's dependencies and make sure they are all active (and ultimately wired by sisu) before wiring the current bundle.

We have some legacy proprietary code that does essentially the same thing that I was hoping to get rid of. I guess my question is why does nexus have to do this? Is it because Sisu isn't OSGi aware and so nexus needs to make sure all the stuff is available before letting Sisu try to wire stuff? Seems like *everyone* that's going to use Sisu in an OSGi container would need to do this, correct?

Thanks,

- Jonathan

Back to the top