[sirius-dev] Questions regarding a first contribution

Hello,

I have been working with Sirius for some time and now I would like to contribute to the project by writing code.

I read the contributing guides but I am still a bit unsure about which bug I could address. There are many ones in Bugzilla, so should I randomly pick an unassigned one in the list and then contribute with a patch? Or are they prioritized somehow?

Moreover, as I have never contributed to an Eclipse project before I am still a bit confused with the use of Gerrit. From my understanding, in order to propose a contribution I have to:

  1. Commit on the master branch
  2. Push to ssh://myusername@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/sirius/org.eclipse.sirius.org.git
  3. Wait for the review on Gerrit

Am I right?