Re: [sirius-dev] Adopting Sirius website structure for another Eclipse.org project

On 28/09/2017 15:02, Ábel Hegedüs wrote:
Hi all,
Hi,

we (the VIATRA project [1]) are planning to create a new version for our website and are looking at other project websites for inspiration. The website of Sirius [2] is among the ones we have looked at and think it has very nice structure and user-friendly design.

Thanks! Kudos to Loredana, our design expert.

Although the website is under EPL [3], we wanted to make sure that you (Sirius project committers) would be OK with us potentially adopting your source for a new version of the VIATRA website (hosted at [1])?

Sure, go ahead.

Naturally, we would replace all content with our own and make design changes to make sure that there is no chance of confusing the two sites.

As far as I can tell, you (Pierre-Charles David primarily) manage the website directly on [3] and do not use any static site generators or other technologies to derive the site contents (except for the documentation that is generated from [4] and uploaded manually).

Actually, Loredana is the one who designed and implemented the site. I just commit the files she gives me :-) From what she tells me, the HTML is hand-crafted and does not use any generator. Also note that the current version is not responsive.

*Pierre-Charles David*
+33 2 51 13 52 18

<http://www.obeo.fr/>

7 Boulevard Ampère - Carquefou - France