Re: [scout-dev] new PRs using StepSecurity

Hi there,

Firstly, we are glad to hear you have procedures to security update dependencies that are very important from Security point of view.

Secondly, regarding dependabot and security updates. Enabling this option below for each package-ecosystem, open-pull-requests-limit: 0 (which was something pointed out before) seems to override the default dependabot behavior. As a result, only security updates will be pushed. You may find more information here, https://docs.github.com/en/code-security/dependabot/dependabot-security-updates/configuring-dependabot-security-updates#overriding-the-default-behavior-with-a-configuration-file.

Finally, knowing that there are procedures to security update dependencies, at any time all changes related to dependabot could be reverted if dependabot doesn't suit.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
Francisco Perez
Open Source Software Engineer | Eclipse Foundation