Re: [scout-dev] new PRs using StepSecurity
  • From: Claudio Guglielmo <Claudio.Guglielmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 07:10:57 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-CH, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass (sender ip is 104.47.22.42) smtp.rcpttodomain=eclipse-foundation.org smtp.mailfrom=bsi-software.com; dmarc=bestguesspass action=none header.from=bsi-software.com; dkim=none (message not signed); arc=none (0)
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=tfm1KodEYtaWNelffAm4z/DoybhFjjYVZauK/52d4Jw=; b=TOoFUEbIuiYatsnaUUnOlRCYzPOn9J3GtzLeZ1VsXD1gzDPyuOYsGXZ3E7eFQboLPLfgeSetcEdl3ru5SzM5jbu1mD9VQKe8amP/uao6pIMAPoEcYmrhJloWgeSNN14C44nvC4pt2ZxrvgBZtZgRXdx0sHaVDmQyGXhJi5ezeKrCLuubnNu90V0B92ycH2C7oJrPp68lwgRudf5FE1GRkgYmb97PZ6hofdnMYoEbWQUyxhms1BmmMe97+mL8wznZLaxskxknTQLVj/1MdvsrGa04SKmqBi5E8RHa9sXGz3k/rDzDq7fsqo0CIPbVdGGGX7yee7C9jomInxLgYJ/6XA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=P6WuXZsDhNO8mC9TTcG0++foEA7+tInAmSQT8q2HDEtEGUSdQagDrFXisP06yBRiF8EF7D51BuKIawCfLG7DA64rT6iTeV3BLo60W/pgBRJF+2LO8Cnu5kK6eAOFs+WcNUjBqdZIrXCFlOL0CzN0LpMeJ6XoK+4uBRlPWMFK9zsLpExghyorEPk/8PQKWVJ1JcGEBfF+RArJEWFZEmQozGvI68SGzwBCZMWshmSlqvJhbQaipAPnUmiLFMtwShSZK8Ijb/q/IDjc21WjHhOwGCwRwZccAGIClQ6iAKekH+zH871s+2t2G5DBi742RnTBYuHJLnjhzsbYpY3mK4Ve3g==

Hi Francisco

I accepted your PRs but I realized it is not working as expected. I thought it will only create pull requests for dependencies that have security issues which are fixed in a new version. But it creates a PR if there is a new version of the dependency available, even if it is a new major version. It even creates false positives for our internal modules (e.g. https://github.com/eclipse-scout/scout.rt/pull/609). That version bump is just wrong. The bot created 54 (!) PRs for our https://github.com/eclipse-scout/scout.rt repository.

We are closing the PRs right now since we cannot just update dependencies without testing them thoroughly. We update the dependencies on a regularly basis anyway, so I don’t think we really need the help of a bot.

Is it possible to configure dependabot that it will work as expected? If not I will have to revert your change.

Thank you

Claudio