From: sapphire-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sapphire-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Amerson
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:15 PM
To: Sapphire project
Subject: Re: [sapphire-dev] Releases and versions beyond Sapphire 8

Do you have a link for the file 8.0.0 final bits online yet?  Are you allowed to give that out yet even though Lluna isn't GA yet?

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM, Konstantin Komissarchik <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With Sapphire graduation from incubation, our versioning scheme has changed. We can now use all three version segments to define a release. We will apply the standard Eclipse/OSGi version convention to our release versions.

8.0.1 – service release, bug fixes only, no enhancements, no breaking api changes, no migration guide

8.1.0 – minor release, bug fixes and enhancements, no breaking api changes, no migration guide

9.0.0 – major release, bug fixes, enhancements and breaking api changes, migration guide is provided

I have created 8.0.x branch in Git. This is now open for 8.0.1 work. The master branch is now open for 9.0 work. I have not provisioned an environment for 8.1 work at the moment. If we decide that we need such a release, we will create an 8.1.x branch.

The biggest change from previous mode of operation… Absolutely no enhancements in the 8.0.1 stream.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks,

- Konstantin