Re: [rt-pmc] EBR Project Activity (Re: EBR Maven Plug-in Dependencies)

> Given the recent situation to the Virgo project (where Bundlor comes from) and the popularity of bnd (via Bndtools) and Tycho at Eclipse, I was thinking that there should be a different approach based on technologies with a more active community. Thus, I’d consider my proposal a reboot of the EBR project.

Originally Bundlor was created because Bndtools didn’t do everything SpringSource needed. There was an offer to contribute the missing features to Bndtools. For whatever reasons the contribution didn’t find its way into Bndtools. These days, as far as I can tell, Bndtools has caught up and added all those features. Bundlor hasn’t seen much attention throughout the last year - there is no active development going on.

I’d support a reboot of the EBR project based on Bndtools as the availability of up-to-date Java libraries with OSGi manifest is crucial for people using Virgo.

Regards,
  florian