[rt-pmc] EBR Project Activity (Re: EBR Maven Plug-in Dependencies)

Am 03.02.2014 um 15:07 schrieb Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>:
I am wondering on the level of activity and health of the EBR project.  It sounds like at least you have been investigating and pushing forward the project.  Is there much other activity to report?  I was getting to the point where I was going to ask the project leadership if the project should be considered for termination.

I was asking myself the same questions. I believe there is great value in this project, providing high-quality recipes for turning Java libraries into OSGi bundles. However, after the initial dump of Bundlor recipes from SpringSource not a lot more has happened.

Given the recent situation to the Virgo project (where Bundlor comes from) and the popularity of bnd (via Bndtools) and Tycho at Eclipse, I was thinking that there should be a different approach based on technologies with a more active community. Thus, I’d consider my proposal a reboot of the EBR project.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx