[rt-pmc] CKEditor and RAP Incubator question

Dear PMC,

we've developed a custom widget for RAP based on the CKEditor that allows rich text editing. Now we'd like to contribute this implementation to the RAP Incubator project [1].

The CKEditor library has been approved by Eclipse Legal months ago [2]. The RAP Incubator component will include the CKEditor _javascript_ plus all the Java classes that are required to include this component in a RWT-based application.

Following our standard naming scheme, the Git repository for this new component should be named

  rap/incubator/org.eclipse.rap.incubator.ckeditor.git OR
  rap/incubator/org.eclipse.rap.incubator.richtext.git

and the bundles inside e.g.

  org.eclipse.rap.addons.ckeditor...

We'd like to use 'ckeditor' in the name after org.eclipse.rap... and in the name of the Git repository but I wanted to check that this is not a violation of any rules because CKEditor is the name of the origin project.

Thanks,
Markus

Back to the top