Re: [rt-pmc] RT PMC calls scheduled to resume

That seems fine to me, but I imagine it will get cancelled most of the time.  Unfortunately that seems to be the state of this group for better or worse.  We don't seem to find the need to communicate with the rest of the RT projects the various issues being addressed in our individual projects or find the need to have an overall group assembled to make far reaching decisions that impact all or most of the RT projects.

I'm not saying this is completely wrong, but it does make the RT PMC really just a holding place where RT 'type' eclipse projects can live without taking on the task of being a top level eclipse project.

Tom

Inactive hide details for michael keith ---09/03/2013 03:48:14 PM---+1 to monthly calls, or perhaps monthly "as needed" calls. michael keith ---09/03/2013 03:48:14 PM---+1 to monthly calls, or perhaps monthly "as needed" calls. We can have a schedule of tentative month

From: michael keith <michael.keith@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/03/2013 03:48 PM
Subject: Re: [rt-pmc] RT PMC calls scheduled to resume
Sent by: rt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

+1 to monthly calls, or perhaps monthly "as needed" calls.
We can have a schedule of tentative monthly calls and just call them on or off as required?

-Mike

On 03/09/2013 3:17 PM, Thomas Watson wrote:

    According to our calendar [1] the RT PMC calls are scheduled to resume tomorrow.  I'm sure we are all looking forward to starting the calls again ;-)

    On that note I would like to discuss the need for the calls, or perhaps a monthly call would do.  I do fear the lack of any mailing list traffic indicates that if we don't have the calls then each project will just continue to act independently with no real collaboration.  But perhaps that is OK from an RT perspective.

    Tom

    [1]
    http://wiki.eclipse.org/RT