Re: [rt-pmc] [ECF] API breaking change in service release 3.6.1 for REST based remote services

Thanks Markus.

+1

Regards,
Glyn

On 24 May 2013, at 18:16, Markus Alexander Kuppe <rt-pmc_eclipse.org@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 05/24/2013 05:23 PM, Glyn Normington wrote:

Hi Glyn,

Is there some user facing documentation that highlights the breaking
change and the action the user needs to take? Or is that something that
will just be mentioned in the release notes?

Yes, we will mention it in our release notes.

I didn't see a post about this in the ECF community forum ([1]). Or do
you think the majority of ECF users hang out on ecf-dev?

Actually yes, we encourage consumers to join the mailing list due to
lack of resources to monitor several channels.

Why not simply bump your version to acknowledge the breaking change? (I
did that for Gemini Blueprint 2.0 because a bug fix was mildly
incompatible, so you can see where I'm coming from!)

Doing a service release now (for Kepler) and a maintenance release
immediately after (for a single change) is IMO too much overhead.
Especially so, because this change just doesn't reflect in the marketing
numbers.

Thanks
Markus