[rt-pmc] [ECF] API breaking change in service release 3.6.1 for REST based remote services

Hi,

ECF is going to have its service release 3.6.1 end of month.

After a discussion during one of our regular conf calls [1] and a
notification on the ecf-dev mailing list last week [2] in which the
community hasn't vetoed this API change, we decided to include a
(breaking) change in our REST based remote service API in 3.6.1.

The bug [3] itself has a simple and straight forward migration path and
thus is low risk, while simultaneously allowing users to address more
sophisticated usecases.

All in all, we would like to get consent for this change from the RT
pmc. Please +1.

Thanks
Markus

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ecf-dev/msg06298.html