I would +1 this once Markus has confirmed my understanding.

Tom

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git/commit/?id=741562492bde53d1818a596f0f13fb7f69a35765

Inactive hide details for Glyn Normington ---05/24/2013 10:26:20 AM---I can't say I'm keen to give this a +1. Is there some useGlyn Normington ---05/24/2013 10:26:20 AM---I can't say I'm keen to give this a +1. Is there some user facing documentation that highlights the

From: Glyn Normington <gnormington@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/24/2013 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: [rt-pmc] [ECF] API breaking change in service release 3.6.1 for REST based remote services
Sent by: rt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I can't say I'm keen to give this a +1.

Is there some user facing documentation that highlights the breaking change and the action the user needs to take? Or is that something that will just be mentioned in the release notes?

I didn't see a post about this in the ECF community forum ([1]). Or do you think the majority of ECF users hang out on ecf-dev?

Why not simply bump your version to acknowledge the breaking change? (I did that for Gemini Blueprint 2.0 because a bug fix was mildly incompatible, so you can see where I'm coming from!)

Regards,
Glyn

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=99