[rt-pmc] Works-With Approval Request: EclipseLink with JGroups

RT PMC,

The EclipseLink project, for its next release (post Kepler), would like to add a works-with dependency on the JGroups project:

http://www.jgroups.org/

License(s):     GNU Library General Public License (LGPL)

Project URL:    http://www.jgroups.org/
Source URL:     https://github.com/belaban/JGroups

EclipseLink currently offers a cache-coordination feature which can send messages between application instances over standards like RMI and  JMS. In Our next release we would like to allow users to configure the use of JGroups for their messaging transport. This will require a build and test dependency[1] but we will not be storing JGroups in our SCM or distributing it with any downloads. It will just be an integration that consumers can use optionally and they will need to include the necessary libraries from the JGroups project in their application.

Please confirm that you are OK with us adding this works-with dependency.

Doug Clarke
EclipseLink co-lead

1. http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/IP/Test_and_Build_Dependencies

Back to the top