Re: [rt-pmc] Access to OSGi TCKs

> >> The EMO will require that designated committers sign an agreement.
Janet
> >> is currently working on that agreement. This will be done through
direct
> >> contact by the Legal team.
> >
> > Could you explain why another agreement is needed...given the committer
> > agreement and the OSGi/EF agreement?  Also what will the nature of this
> > agreement be?
>
> I wish I could, but IANAL. I am meeting with Janet tomorrow to discuss.\

With regards to this particular topic, I can help explain.

Most TCKs from most standards organizations come with licensing and
confidentiality terms attached to them. Not all, but most. And even the ones
which do not require confidentiality remain the intellectual property of the
standards organization and cannot be distributed or handled in the manner we
are all used to with open source. The committer agreements you have signed
to this point do not require any obligations of this type, and that omission
must be resolved prior to accessing any TCKs.

For an example of an existing process of this type, I would point you to the
Apache Software Foundation. A description of their use of JCP specs can be
found at [1] and their committer NDA form can be found at [2].

To be clear, our process and agreements could be quite different from
Apache's. They are still under construction. These links are simply to
illustrate the point.

[1] http://www.apache.org/jcp/
[2] http://www.apache.org/jcp/ApacheNDA.pdf

Back to the top