Re: [rt-pmc] Access to OSGi TCKs

On 2/2/2011 3:27 PM, Wayne Beaton wrote:
Greetings folks.

I apologise for the time that this process is taking. It's long past
time to give you a status update.

The EF has drafted a process document for managing access by project
committers to TCKs. Further, we have started implementing the
infrastructure changes that we need to manage this.

Your comments are welcome.

Some key points:

A project lead needs to request access to a TCK for their project. As
part of that request, the project needs to specify the project
committers who need access to the TCK. Project leads can subsequently
request that other committers be granted access to the TCK. My current
thinking is to manage these requests through Bugzilla (Community/TCK
Access).

I guess this isn't in place yet (?)...as I don't see a TCK Access component in Community. Please let me know if some other mechanism is to be used for requesting access (and specifying committers).

The PMC will be asked to approve access to the TCK for the project.

Why is this necessary?

The EMO will require that designated committers sign an agreement. Janet
is currently working on that agreement. This will be done through direct
contact by the Legal team.

Could you explain why another agreement is needed...given the committer agreement and the OSGi/EF agreement? Also what will the nature of this agreement be?

Scott

A single mailing list will be created for each TCK. Only those
committers with access to the TCK will have access to the mailing list.
This will allow committers from different projects to share information.

Similarly, committers with access to the TCK will be granted access to a
closed Bugzilla instance. Webmaster is working out the details of what
this will look like.

My intent is to get ECF moving on the OSGi RSA TCK as quickly as
possible. We'll handle this first experience without the benefit of
complete infrastructure; I'm hoping to use that experience to flesh out
any important details that we've missed so that we can revise our
infrastructure development plans. Basically, as soon as we have the
legal agreements sorted out, we should be good-to-go with access to the
TCK and a mailing list.

We're concerned that there are a lot of moving parts here, so we hope to
have the required infrastructure in place before we commit to any other
TCK access.

I hope that this makes sense.

Wayne