Re: [rt-pmc] ECF 3.1 release approval

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Watson wrote:

+1

You will need another +1 once you have the slideware ready I think. Questions: What is the planed version for Helios release? 3.2? or 3.1.x? Also, what will be released with Galileo SR2. Will it be a follow on to 3.1 or some 3.0.x version? These questions have no impact on my +1 above, I'm just curious.

To be honest, I don't know/we haven't jointly decided yet. But just speaking for myself, I would say it's likely to be:

Helios: 3.2 rather than 3.1.x (as we certainly expect to/want to *at least* support the OSGi spec 'new' remote services stuff...and I haven't had the chance to implement that in 3.1) Galileo SR2: Hmmm....really not sure on that, but my initial response is I would prefer 3.1 stream rather than 3.0.x stream (and there's nothing technically to prevent that...and my guess would be that remote service consumers would prefer that as well...as there are useful additions/improvements)

Scott

Back to the top