Re: [rmf-dev] Reading a ReqIF file

Hi Michael,

> Generally, this looks correct for using EMF without the Eclipse
> infrastructure.  It is preferrable to write code like that in the form
> of a unit test, though.
Yes. But does unit testing not rely on knowledge of the expected outcome from
the SUT to check the real one against?
It was just a starting point, a prototype, a 'feasability study' to find out if
I'm able to handle a reqif file without ProR. I didn't know what to expect.

> I rewrote your test file as a Unit test
> (including a main() method that launches the unit test).
Put it into the test suite, please :-)

> Actually, I am unsure about that myself.  I *thought* the core could
> handle unrecognised ToolExtensions.  I even found the code for this in
> the ReqIF core, but I am unsure why that case is not handled.
>
> @Mark:  Did you have a chance to look at this?  The problem is that RMF
> stops when no handler for the tool extensions is found, and RMF throws
> the trace below.  I would have expected RMF to recover from this and to
> attach the list of problems related to the tool extensions to the
> ResourceSet.
Thanks, I've already read his comment.

Best regards
	Kay