[rmf-dev] RMF/ProR snapshots will be published next week Wednesday - please help with testing NOW

Dear RMF developers,

We just finished integrating the new core from Mark with the GUI improvements from the sprint that we held late March.  We invite everybody to test it until Tuesday (April 17th) end of day, so that we can publish a snapshot on Wednesday.  A big thanks to all who contributed!

If you want to help us testing, then:
  • Please test Build #156 or later (to be found on the Eclipse Hudson server) (see instructions below).
  • Please give us a quick heads-up on this mailing list, indicating which version (standalone or update site) and which platform you are testing.
  • If you find a bug, please report it (you need a Bugzilla account).  To prevent duplicates, please check the list of open bugs for duplicates.    Please provide detailed instructions on how to reproduce the bug.  If you are unsure, please don't hesitate to post your question on this mailing list first.

ProR can run stand-alone or installed via update site.  You can download the stand-alone versions by visiting the Hudson page.  Unfold the "Artifacts" view, and look for the correct platform build under View/product.  We generate binaries for Linux, Mac and Windows, both as 32 and 64 bit versions.  The update site to the latest version is

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/rmf-nightly/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/update-site/

ProR still has a few shortcomings.  To spare you some frustration, here are some tips and known issues with workarounds:

  • Before you can create a ReqIF Model, you need to create a project.  Any project will do (e.g. New | Project... | General | Project)
  • The ProR perspective is not yet set automatically upon starting.  You can do this via Window | Open Perspective | Other... | ProR
  • When creating a new Specification, it will initially be empty.  Once a SpecObject is created, it's easy to create more (by right-clicking or Ctrl-Enter).  To create an initial SpecObject, right-click the new Specification in the Outline view and create a new child.
  • To see what changed, check out the Bugzilla list of resolved milstone i12.03 issues (we resolved 30 issues).

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  Happy testing!

- Michael

--
Michael Jastram (http://www.jastram.de, +49 (162) 274 83 94)
Geschäftsführer, Formal Mind GmbH (http://formalmind.com)