AW: [riena-dev] Committed - Navigation on RAP (1st step)

Hi Elias,

This is really great! The RAPified Riena app is really impressive.

As far as I understand there are several facades which handle the RAP/RCP specific implementations. Those facades use the FacadeFactory to create the specifc facades.
Currently, the FacadeFactory is in the bundle org.eclipse.riena.ui.swt because it has a dependency to SWT (it uses SWT.getPlatform() to discriminate). This is the only "thing" that stops it from being moved e.g. to riena.core.
I assume that we could use the FacadeFactory also for non-UI stuff like the navigation model. So, another home for it would be nice.
Within riena.core we have a ContainerModel that can tell whether the code is running on the server or the client side. I wonder whether we could just use this (or some other mechanism) to discriminate between RAP/RCP?

What do you think?

Tschüß,
Stefan

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 0
fax: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 22
web: http://www.compeople.de/

Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
Ust-Ident.-Nr: DE207665352